cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External caller hears ring before physical phone rings

Bamberger1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Have a hunt group set up. When the phone is direct dialed, the caller hears 1-3 rings before the desk phone rings. The desk phone then rings 3 times and, if not answered, the other two phones in the hunt group ring once each. This could cause the caller to hear 8 rings before the call goes to voice mail. How can I shorten/eliminate the rings the caller hears before the physical phone rings?

3 Replies 3

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Is the DID used in the Hunt Pilot local to the subscriber or publisher. Could a latency across the WAN cause this issue? I would double check my Line group associated to the Hunt group to make sure it is configured properly. What algorithm are you using? Can you change it to a different algorithm?

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/A_caller_experiences_a_delay(up_to_three_rings)_on_the_PSTN_phone_before_the_call_hits_the_IP_phone

I found this link. copy and paste it.

It basically says to remove caller id from the voice port of the router

Does this pertain to your situation?

Thanks for your help. We needed to keep the caller ID but were able to correct this by changing the connection plar to opx immediate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: