Views
Helpful
Replies

Undeliverable Messages

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Unity 4.2.1.

I have a call handler set up that is supposed to deliver messages to a distribution list of four subscribers. Each subscriber is supposed to have 60 MB of storage space. I just checked all four boxes and one had 1 MB worth of files, one has 10MB, one has 12, and one has 24. Not one of the boxes is even close to the warning thresholds or is locked. So why as system admin do I keep getting undeliverable messages for this handler in my personal inbox? Ideas?

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

In the Unity SA, go to the page for Public Distribution Lists and bring up the one you have selected for the Call Handler. Make sure the "Show distribution list in e-mail server address book" is checked. It wouldn't hurt to show the members to confirm the subscribers you want are included.

Ginger

Ginger,

I already have that option checked. I also rechecked the member list and ensured that none of the subscribers accounts are locked or that they have exceeded their storage settings. I still keep getting the messages sent to me (sys admin) as undeliverable.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

doesn't the message have an NDR attachment to it? You might have to check from the desktop, the phone conversation may not have access to it - the NDR should have some details about why the message was kicked back to the Unity messaging account (which then forwards it to the unaddressed messages DL). Exchange is kicking back some sort of failure there, it's not generated by Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: