Views
Helpful
Replies

CME to CCM Node License

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

if im ordering TWO new servers for an upgrade from CME to CCM 6.1 do i also need to order QTY 2 of the following? LIC-CM6.0-7816=

i was reading the following excerpt

Q. I have a Cisco Unified CallManager Express (CME) customer who wishes to upgrade to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.1. What steps do I need to follow to ensure the licensing transfers?

A. Do the following:

1. Determine how many and what type of devices are on the customer's Cisco Unified CME.

2. Enter the quantity of each device in the "yellow" cell in the Cisco Unified CallManager Device License Unit Calculator pasted at the end of this document.

3. Contact licensing@cisco.com with the MAC address of the publisher and the number of device license units calculated in step 2. The customer does not need a node license-it comes with the new Cisco Unified CallManager.

4. The customer adds this license file to the new Cisco Unified CallManager 5.1.

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Arvind,

Yes, you would need to order 2 of that part#;

2x LIC-CM6.0-7816=xxxx

Where xxxx is equal to the number of seats that are required.

Here is a clip from a CCM Ordering Guide

"A license must be ordered for each server in a Unified Communications Manager cluster irrespective of server function (e.g. MOH, TFTP, warm standby server, etc). The license should match the number of seats on the cluster."

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

why would they mention "The customer does not need a node license-it comes with the new Cisco Unified CallManager." though?

Hey Buddy,

Good point!

I think that this is a little deceiving. We know that the CCM Cluster "must" have the appropriate Node Licenses/with seats to operate correctly. In your case 2 Node Licenses are required. I think that the assumption being made in this reference is that the CCM has already been purchased (with Node Licenses) and that this process describes migrating the DLU's only. It is possible that Cisco will give you credit for the investment in CME by providing the Node Licenses but this would have to be reflected in the PAK and License relationship performed when first installing the new CCM Servers.

I would try speaking with your Cisco SE or firing off an email to confirm.

licensing@cisco.com

You don't want this to bite you when you go to fire this up :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

i was thinking the same, that they assumed it was already purchased but it still doesnt sit well with me.

ive taken your advise and sent an email to both my rep and licensing.

will advise on the response and again thanks for taking the time

Hi Arvind,

You are always welcome! Please do let us know what the final outcome is here :)

Cheers!

Rob

Guys

this was the response

"You will get the node licenses with the migration you need not to purchase. Please let me know if you have any further issues."

Hi Arvind,

Good new$!!

Thanks for posting back with this info. +5 points for this very kind follow-up :)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: