Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No name is diplayed on the QSIG call with Alcatel 4400

I have CME integrated with Alcatel 4400 on QSIG.Bothway calls are happening without any problem. I have a problem on the name display.

When Alcatel extension is making call to Cisco IP phone, the name of the Alcatel phone is displayed on the Cisco IP phone.

When Cisco IP Phone is making call to Alcatel phone, only number (CLI) is displayed, no name is displayed. But the name information is being sent to Alcatel system (We can see the name information in the Alcatel Trace).

17 Replies 17

Ramiro Beltran
Level 1
Level 1

Caller ID name is sent by your telco (if you pay for the service)  and this capability does not exist within CallManager. If the  carrier/telco is sending the caller ID name,  it will be displayed on  the IP phones.

However,  if you are using H323 gateway ,and  your carrier is sending you the  name on the Facility IE  Message, inbound caller name does not get  displayed on the IP phone. H323 does not support Facility IE; only MGCP  supports it.

These  are the  possible solutions:

1. In order to allow the gateway to detect the  calling name on the Facility IE please enter the following on the serial  interface generated by the

pri-group statement:(which is the D  channel)

interface serialx/x/x:23
isdn supp-service name calling

2. Request  the Telco to send the Calling Name Identification Delivery (CNID) as  Display Information Element in the ISDN setup message

3.  Configure the gateway as MGCP and register it to the CUCM.

H323 does not support Facility IE; only  MGCP  supports it.

Incorrect, both H.323 and SIP do support calling name transport

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you configured

voice service voip

qsig-decode

No infact the only thing that you need is this:

interface Serial0/3/0:15
  isdn sending-complete

and in the ALCATEL you have configured the option qsig advanced thats the key.

I have callmanager  with MGCP gateway to the cisco 2811 and then E1 PRI QSIG with the ALCATEL, thats the best topology to support the features, because if you are using h323 gateway maybe you will have problems like this. MGCP is the best protocol that cisco have to transport legacy signaling over IP.

Hi Ramiro,

Could you kindly send me a sample configuration of VG to integrate with Alcatel.

Thanks.

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

You might also want to check to see if the Alcatel needs any upgrades to support the name presentation over QSIG.

It is supported,  now it is working we just add this parameter (QSIG ADVANCED) in the Alcatel configuraction and that´s it.

MichelScavennec
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same probleme.

The Alcatel is configured as ECMA and the trunk Group as ABC-F using addajacent network where the signalling is defined as QSIG-GF.

I am not able to find any parameters as QSIG ADVANCED in the alcatel system.

Thanks to specify where you find this paramaters.

The software version of the OXE (A4400) PABX is R6.1.1 - F2.502.33.

I have attached the QSIG trace of these calls

Thanks

Michel

Hi

You need to have "isdn outgoing display-ie" under the D channel.

Thanks

- abu

Help.

I have the same problem and I have not solved it, someone already solved.

What is the complete call flow ? Do you have a TDM to IP termination or some sorts of what ?

Thanks for answering friend.  

In the image the process of the call is shown I do not know if you want the log of it, greetings.

Hi there

Please check 4400 settings similar to this :
Trans > Netwk Route Table > 13 = QSIG-GF with CMN avail on QSIG-GF
System = Compatibility GF = True, ISO Function = NO

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks for answering friend.

Those parameters already had them as you indicate and even then it does not work.

Annex configuration of the Gateway port.

Greetings.

interface Serial0/3/3:15
 encapsulation hdlc
 no logging event link-status
 isdn switch-type primary-qsig
 isdn timer T310 120000
 isdn overlap-receiving
 isdn protocol-emulate network
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn map address transparent
 isdn supp-service name calling ie 40 cs 0 profile ROSE operation-value-tag ECMA
 isdn send-alerting
 isdn sending-complete
 isdn outgoing ie facility
 isdn outgoing display-ie
 isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number
 no cdp enable