cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VTP Revision No.

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I would like to know, how do i recover the old vlan configuration if vlan configuration change and update with new switch added in the network with low vtp revision no.

12 Replies 12

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

anyone can suggest me on this type of issues.

So you want to know if you accidentally adds a switch with a higher VTP revision number to an existent network . The new switch overwrites the VLANs on the old switches in the network.

I'm affraid it's already too late. I don't know if there is a method. I'm affraid not but I want to give you tips at least how to prevent:

OR

change the VTP domain name on the new switch and then back

OR

change mode to transparent and then back.

But I suppose you knew this.

But if you have the problem as descibed earlier, I can't help you

it did not happen, i would like to know the process to recover the old vlan configuration, if this type of problem happen.

hello Goutam,

the only suggestion is to save a

show vlan

routinely

from that output you can rebuild the vlan database by reentering commands

if your legitimate VTP servers are new enough to not use the vlan database context also the saved configurations of them can help in rebuilding the original database.

There is no rollback option to a previous revision number as far as I know.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thansk a lot, I wanted to know that there is any option to recover the old configuration or not.

thanks...

Hi Goutam,

Yes there is , you will need to do "Config rollback" or "Config replace"

HTH

DAK

could you please give me the process to do it...i will be thankfull to you...

Yes ,

You can have this ; http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t7/feature/guide/gtrollbk.html.

OR

Do this Switch# configure replace

disk0:myconfig-1 list time 30

HTH

DAK

Good stuff.

But will the switches save the archive configuration only when there is any changes? Or the switches do not care and just save the archive files as soon as the timer triggers them?

Thanks,

Cedar

How is it now ?

working fine ?

HTH

DAK

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card