Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI is not working

have a setup with Unity 5.0 integrated with exchange 2007 CCR cluster , AD & CCM 6.1 . This is new installation. Everything is working fine ,but MWI does not works.

On subscriber page in Unity administration , "MWI is failed" message appear in message page under MWI section , even after some refresh being done .

I have checked the "use MWI for message notification" option in under message in subscriber page.

No CSS issue it seems.

I can keep & retrive messages through phone, no problem . I can dial MWI DNs for ON & OFF , so i can see light is turning ON & OFF , when I dial those DN numbers by phone.

I have done self enrolment for subscriber too using the phone after importing unity subscriber in Unity administration.

Do anybody have any idea what has gone wrong here ??

12 Replies 12

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Q. Have you checked the CSS of the Voicemail ports? Does it include the Partition for the MWI numbers, if they have been assigned to a different Partition that is?

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

My voice mail port partition is named "VMRestrictedPT"

My MWI number partition is named "VMPilotNumberPT"

I have subscribers is in partition called "Internal"

I created CSS called "Unitytest" on which above three partitions are selected for that CSS.

So I have assigned user phone DNs , VMports & MWI numbers to CSS "Unitytest"

VM pilot number also assigned to partition VMPilotNumberPT.

Hope my CSS & partition configuration is clear.

Regards,

Waruna

Have you checked subscriber-phone association in unity. under tool depot-telephone intergration, then under tools.

Hi Safety2008,

I just checked telephone integration , subscriber-phone association . my subscribers are there ..

regards,

Waruna

Hi Waruna,

Sorry to ask a basic question, but did you set up some ports in Unity for MWI's?

Rob

Hi Rob ,

NO ! do I need to do so ??

All of my VM ports been ticked for MWI dial-out, when I checked port configuration page in Unity Administration by default.

regards,

Waruna

Hi Waruna,

Have a look at these notes;

Step 1 On the Windows Start menu of the Cisco Unity server, click Programs > Cisco Unity > Unity Telephony Integration Manager. UTIM appears.

Step 2 In the left pane, click the applicable integration.

Step 3 In the right pane, click the MWI tab.

Step 4 Confirm that the codes or extensions to activate and deactivate MWIs are correct:

•(Circuit-switched phone systems) In UTIM, the values for the MWI On Code and MWI Off Code fields match the codes that the phone system uses.

•(Cisco CallManager) In UTIM, the values in the MWI On Extension and MWI Off Extension fields match the extensions that the phone system uses.

Step 5 If you changed any settings, click Save.

Step 6 Click the Ports tab.

Step 7 Confirm that the correct port ranges have been assigned to the applicable phone system.

Step 8 If you changed any settings, click Save.

Step 9 Confirm the settings on the remaining tabs.

Step 10 Exit UTIM. If prompted, restart the Cisco Unity services.

Solutions for Cisco Unity Message Waiting Indicator Problems:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080711ae3.shtml

Cisco Unity Troubleshooting Guide - Message Warning Indicators (MWI's):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/troubleshooting/guide/ex/tsg_0500.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob ,

I refered this procedure during troubleshooting attempts. Everything was right as expected . port numbers were defaults , so I kept the same value .

I am getting "MWI is failed" on MWI section of message page under subscriber , even I refresh status..

I have a doubt whether Exchange 2007 is not sending notifications to trigger MWI !!

Regards,

Waruna

vhilario
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question, did you installed the Exchange 2003 tools on the Unity server?

Apparently Microsoft did not include the MAPI with the Exchange 2007 Management Console.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/umexnofo/5xcuigumenofo060.html#wp1939020

So maybe that's why MWI is not working correctly

HTH

Viri

Hi Viri,

Yes . I had to do that as per installation notes . Even I tried to install 2007 MMC , Unity server was not getting required MAPI with 2007 MMC.

I have a doubt .

We need exchange 2003 system manager in Unity server.

So is this now MS call to include MAPI with Exchange 2007 ?

regards,

Waruna

Hi Folks,

Do you have any comment on Viri's feedback.

Hence MAPI issue with Exchange 2007 , installed exchange 2003 systems manager in Unity 5.0

So , MWI is not working ??

Is there any way to test this ?

Waruna:

Sorry for the delay on this response, Exchange 2007 does not include MAPI, so I will suggest you to uninstall the exchange 2007 tools from the unity server and Install the Exchange 2003 tools.

Unfortunately we can say that MS forgot to add the MAPI on the Exchange 2007 tools.

So as per the installation notes you should have exchange 2003 tools not exchange 2007 tools

HTH

Viri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: