cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNBlock Caller ID

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site where we block Caller ID on our outbound calls. The router is a 2801 with 12 FXO ports and 12 POTS lines. When a user presses an 8, we will send the outbound call out over one of the POTS lines. The problem is that if we try to call a number that won't accept calls from a blocked Caller ID (like ours), we cannot call that number. So I tried 8, *82 (unblock Caller ID), and then the #, and I get the Cisco "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". I see a route pattern defined in CCM, but since the 2801 is in H.323 mode, I don't think it's relevant. Would I need a route pattern in the 2801 and what would it look like?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Doug, if I have understood your requirement correctly, you are attempting to create a unique route-pattern which when the user dials the prefix the call is routed via the H323 gateway and uses an outbound dial-peer which does not restrict CLID?

Where is the CLID currently restricted, on the gateway endpoint?, route-list group detail? or individual route-patterns?

A possible solution to this problem, is to ensure that your route-patterns towards the outgoing H.323 gateway are configured so that CLID is restricted not the endpoint or on the route-list group detail.

Create another route-pattern with a unique destination pattern or prefix which also has the same H.323 destination-gateway as the others. However, ensure that CLID is not restricted and that you discard any digits so that the appropriate outbound destination-pattern on the pots dial-peer is matched.

For example, if your outgoing pots dial-peer is 9T on the gateway, then you will need to ensure that your new route-pattern forwards all the digits with the exception of the prefix.

You could create a route-pattern with 82.9!#, and discard digits pre-dot, this will then forward 9 and the following digits and then match the destination-pattern 9T dial-peer.

The # signifies end-of-dialling otherwise you will have to wait for the interdigit timeout when using variable length patterns.

With this setup all called numbers 9.... which do not start with 82 will match the existing patterns and CLID will be restricted and routed out of the pots dial-peer with the destination-pattern 9T.

If the user dials 829.......# then the route-pattern 82 will be matched and CLID will not be restricted. 82 will be stripped, and the called number 9...... will match the same outbound destination-pattern 9T.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need a dial peer in the 2801. It would be something like:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 8*82[2-9]......

forward-digits 10

port 0/0/0

This would be for a 7 digit local call. Other calling patterns would require a different dial peer.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Doug, if I have understood your requirement correctly, you are attempting to create a unique route-pattern which when the user dials the prefix the call is routed via the H323 gateway and uses an outbound dial-peer which does not restrict CLID?

Where is the CLID currently restricted, on the gateway endpoint?, route-list group detail? or individual route-patterns?

A possible solution to this problem, is to ensure that your route-patterns towards the outgoing H.323 gateway are configured so that CLID is restricted not the endpoint or on the route-list group detail.

Create another route-pattern with a unique destination pattern or prefix which also has the same H.323 destination-gateway as the others. However, ensure that CLID is not restricted and that you discard any digits so that the appropriate outbound destination-pattern on the pots dial-peer is matched.

For example, if your outgoing pots dial-peer is 9T on the gateway, then you will need to ensure that your new route-pattern forwards all the digits with the exception of the prefix.

You could create a route-pattern with 82.9!#, and discard digits pre-dot, this will then forward 9 and the following digits and then match the destination-pattern 9T dial-peer.

The # signifies end-of-dialling otherwise you will have to wait for the interdigit timeout when using variable length patterns.

With this setup all called numbers 9.... which do not start with 82 will match the existing patterns and CLID will be restricted and routed out of the pots dial-peer with the destination-pattern 9T.

If the user dials 829.......# then the route-pattern 82 will be matched and CLID will not be restricted. 82 will be stripped, and the called number 9...... will match the same outbound destination-pattern 9T.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Alan, I think you have understood me correctly.

CLID is restricted by our phone company, we had them remove caller ID from those lines.

My other problem is that we have 12 POTS lines in FXO ports, but we only want to allow 5 of those lines for outbound calling. When I go into CCM to setup the Route Group, since the 2801 is in H323, I cannot select certain ports. I can only choose all.

The 2801 currently has an 8T (since 9 would route them out ISDN). I sort of see what you're saying about creating a new route pattern that points to the existing 8T.

I will try that. I was able to set it up on the 2801 and test (using csim), but that doesn't do me much good since phones are getting their route patterns through CCM and not the 2801.

I think I am close, and I think what you suggested might just get me there!

You and bbuffin were both very close! But you were right about somehow using the existing T pattern. This is what I used and it works:

dial-peer voice 152 pots

destination-pattern 8*82T

port 0/1/0

prefix *82

Thanks to both of you!