cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Client unistall and disable.

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set a password so users can't disable, change, or unistall the client on the local desktop?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to the policies page, find the "Base - CSA Service and client UI control" In there you will see the "Base - CSA client UI control" rule module and then you will see the "Base - CSA service control"

The service control is targeted more for the protection of the service from other applications attempting to kill/stop/modify the CSA agent service, not so much for user protection.

Located in the "Base - CSA client UI control" rule module itself, you will see the "Agent UI control rule", examine it and you will see the following:

Agent UI control rule [2112]

Control agent UI interaction

Allow user to reset agent UI default settings

Allow user interaction

Allow user access to agent configuration and contact information

Allow user to modify agent security settings

Allow user to modify agent personal firewall settings

Suppress taskbar notifications

Obviously if you check/uncheck these it will either allow or not allow respectively.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

You can allow or deny user interaction based on a user state.

This would allow only certain users to disable, uninstall or modify the agent.

Agent service control and Agent UI control rules can be used for this.

There is no option to use a password in CSA.

Tom

Thanks for the information.

Cn you give me some more details becaue I am very new to CSA. About 2 weeks of working with it on and off.

Thanks,

Dan

I found the Agent UI Control, but can't seem to find agent service control. Also I am running version 6. The book I have has version 4.5 in it.

Go to the policies page, find the "Base - CSA Service and client UI control" In there you will see the "Base - CSA client UI control" rule module and then you will see the "Base - CSA service control"

The service control is targeted more for the protection of the service from other applications attempting to kill/stop/modify the CSA agent service, not so much for user protection.

Located in the "Base - CSA client UI control" rule module itself, you will see the "Agent UI control rule", examine it and you will see the following:

Agent UI control rule [2112]

Control agent UI interaction

Allow user to reset agent UI default settings

Allow user interaction

Allow user access to agent configuration and contact information

Allow user to modify agent security settings

Allow user to modify agent personal firewall settings

Suppress taskbar notifications

Obviously if you check/uncheck these it will either allow or not allow respectively.

Thanks.

I found this after looking around. I think I have things set the way I want.

Thanks You very much for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: