Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2007 and CUCM 6.1 Forwarding issue

mdoney2e2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope someone can help on this. We are integrating CUCM 6.1 with Exchange 2007. We have found a problem whereby if the caller dials an extension which is forwarded, and the number which it is forwarded to rings out, the call lands in the mailbox of the line which the destination phone was forwarded to, rather than going to the destination extension mailbox.

E.g. phone 1 rings phone 2

Phone 2 is forwarded to Phone 3

Phone 3 rings out

Call goes to mailbox of Phone 3 - NOT Phone 2

(we want the call to go to the voicemail box of Phone 2 as this was the extension that the call was for)

Hope this makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark,

You can specify first or last redirecting number using Unity's Advanced Settings Tool:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Conversation - Route by last redirecting ID

By default Unity routes forwarded calls based on the first redirecting Id. Setting this value to "1" will force Unity to, instead, use the last redirecting ID.

NOTE: Not all integrations provide both first or last redirecting Ids. If Unity is configured to route on one and it is not provided but the other is, Unity will instead route by the number provided.

If the value is 0 or missing, Unity routes by the first redirecting ID

If the value is 1, Unity routes by the last redirecting ID.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Hi Brad, thanks but we are not using Unity we're using the Unified Messaging capabilities of Exchange 2007 itself.

Regards,

Mark.

Chances are this needs to be configured in Exchange since CUCM sends both numbers and the end application needs to pick out the proper #. You may need to engage MS to see if its possible.

Brad

OK thanks, I'll see if I can get a Microsoft guru to help. If anyone on here has any ideas about how I can solve this issue I'd be grateful.

Brad / anyone else,

As I understand it, CUCM sends a SIP-Divert message to MS Exchange. Are you able to advise which fields in the SIP-Divert field contain the extension originally called and the diverted number ? Or is there a debug I can run on CUCM to find this out ?

Regards,

Mark.

julien.lefloch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is a known issue about diversion header on Exchange 2k7: KB949968.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B949968&x=12&y=8

This should be solved with Update Rollup 5.

Hope it helps.

Thanks I'll look into whether this rollup might apply to our setup but it does sound like exactly the problem we're having.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: