Views
Helpful
Replies

Workgroup bridge timing out

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I have a workgroup bridge with some clients behind it. Everything works until the access point disassociates with the parent overnight when no traffic is seen. I've tried to change the parent's default and max activity-timeout times to 86400, but that didn't help. It went down this morning around 5AM, but then came up around 8:30AM. I assume this is when people are coming into that building. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Do I need to also change the activity-timeout on the WGB-client?

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
2 Replies 2

rnigam
Level 1
Level 1

why do you want to set it to workgroup bridge , why not root - non-root setup. It would still function the same way.

I didn't think workgroup bridge allowed wireless clients associate to it. I don't want anyone to actually associate to the AP. If I changed it to non-root, wouldn't it allow wireless clients to associate like a normal AP, and why would this be able to resolve my issue?

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card