Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.0 - Process Failures

Have anyone had any issues of Ciscoworks LMS processes stopping. . I've installed the application several times, with the issue still happening. I've had to create a bat file to manually stop and start the services for LMS.

8 Replies 8

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are all of the processes stopping or specific ones? If specific, which ones?

Thanks for the response, 80% of the processes are stopping when the issue occurs. Based on the "ProcessState" is shows Administrator has shutdown this server. The list of processes are attached.

What is the OS Version? If this is Windows, which of the CiscoWorks processes are set to automatic vs manual in the services?

The OS ver: MS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition SP2: Hardware Spec's: (4) 3.80 GHz Xeon CPU's (3.5 Gig of RAM)

Not sure how to verify the auto vs manual in the services setup..I don't recall that step in the documentation during the application install. Can you advise me on how to check??

This would be in Contol Panel - Admin Tools - Services

Your right..duh!! Checking the relevant services setup now. Thanks for the help

Several services were configured for Manual as the startup type relating to CiscoWorks LMS. I will monitor for another 24 hrs.. To see if the problem clears.

Unfotunately the problem has not went away, 72 processes were running sucessfully. 33 were shutdown/stopped at the same time 12/11/08 1:10-1:15 am. Has anyone came across this issue i CW LMS 3.0 or CW LMS 3.0 Dec 2007 Patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco