Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone gives funny noise.

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 7941 IP Phone newly installed. It worked well for three days and afterwards, when a call (Internal or External) is placed to or from the phone I hear a funny "crack crack crack" noise. I tried replacing the ethernet cable and also did a factory reset on the phone but the problem persist. Could this be a phone problem? Please help.

2 Replies 2

Since this is not normal and you do the basic troubleshooting, should apply for a replace of decive (RMA).

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Do you hear the noise on the speaker phone or through the handset? If the later try replacing just the handset and cable, or try using a headset instead. Still the same?

If the sound is coming through the speaker phone, then it is likely the phone itself is faulty and RMA will be necessary.

If you connect the phone to another network point and the problem moves with the phone, then at least you know the problem is definitely the phone.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: