Helpful
Replies

Toll Bypass and TEHO

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Quick question on this or am I being stupid [honest answers only please :-)]

I am in the process of designing Toll bypass and TEHO for our gloabbly placed clusters. Toll Bypass between cluster no problem as I will use intercluster trunks and then eventuallly an H323 Gatekeeper controlled trunks. The issue is TEHO. We have a mix of MGCP gateways and H323 (the latter at remote sites for obvious reasons) but i want to offer TEHO which requires breakout at some of the sites with MGCP gateways. From my understanding this would need to be configured as a dail peer on to the gateway and if that is the case will it not need to be H323 or will TEHO work on MGCP gateways also?

If so where do I add this in the Callmanager

Cheers

Paul

4 Replies 4

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

For MGCP you just need to setup route patterns to point to your remote site gateway.

Use a route list, and you can put your remote gateway as the first choice, and your local gateway as the backup.

You can then manipulate digits accordingly at the route list > route group level.. i.e. add / strip prefixs etc.

Is that what you meant?

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the reply. What I am looking for is say we want to break out our calls to the US at our Boston office where there is an MGCP router. So callers based on the UK cluster when calling the US break out on the gateway in the US. The problem with this is as its MGCP i cant add it as a gateway in the same way I would add H323 as of the way MGCP works. Does this make more sense to why I asked the question

Thanks

Paul

Yeah I think I see what you are getting at.

Are you saying you will add your US H323 gw's as gateways in the UK CCM? And visa versa I guess?

And you cant take the same approach with MGCP obviously.

You would have to create route patterns in your UK CCM for the US. Then you would have to point these to your ICT.

The US cluster should then route them appropriately. You may have to do some digit manip here.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

I see rather than change the gateway to H323 I could just config the pattern to go up an ICT and then once on the other cluster send out the MGCP gateway as it will match a route pattern, in the same way I would do the toll bypass. Will try that as you say will need to do a bit of digit manip but that makes sense now thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: