Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS server questions

jorjes1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have LMS and Hum installed on a server.

I have some questions i need to check:

-Active directory, If the clients wants to join the Server to the company Domain, is that an issue?

-Antivirus - “CA”, (is CA certified to be installed on LMS? IS ther any documentation about AntiVirusss supported on LMS server)

-Windows SMS/Configuration Manager. (can the client install SMS agent on LMS?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The server can join an AD domain, but all LMS management operations must happen as a local Administrator.

No anti-virus software is certified with LMS. Internally, we have used McAfee and Norton, but CA should be fine. Just disable on-access scanning of the NMSROOT directory.

We've seen issues with SMS and LMS. We never tested it. If SMS stays out of LMS's way, and doesn't mess with the casuser account, it should be okay for you.

You may want to test everything without these services installed first to make sure LMS is working. Then, add them one at a time, and make sure things are still working as expected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: