Views
Helpful
Replies

7911G Firmware upgrade on CCM 5.1.3

m.newbould
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently upgraded a customer CCM to version 5.1.3d, which has a default phone load of 8.3.2S for 7911 phones. I am experiencing some issues, which appear to be fixed in release 8.4.2. As a result I am trying to upgrade the firware on the CCM.

I have downloaded the correct signed image from CCO and have installed it into CCM through the Install/Upgrade option under IPTPlatform config. The install goes ahead okay and the MD5 checksums match. I then check the device defaults, and the default phone load has now become the new 8.4.2 version. All good so far. When I reload the 7911's, they still come up with 8.3.2S... I have even tried specifying the SCCP11.8-4-2 load on the phone configuration for a single phone. This results in the phone showing 'error' on the phone when it tries to load the new version, and then falls back to 8.3.2S.

I have upgraded the 7940's and 7960's okay, but the 7911's are proving a challenge!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Mark.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Can you try this?

"The Cisco TFTP service now must be stopped and restarted on the TFTP server, then reset the affected devices for them to upgrade to the new load."

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Can you try this?

"The Cisco TFTP service now must be stopped and restarted on the TFTP server, then reset the affected devices for them to upgrade to the new load."

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try in the morning when I am next on the CallManager and let you know if it works.

Is this something you have come across before? Reading some of the cases on the forum, the 7911 does appear to offer a number of challenges!!

Thanks again.

Mark.

Hi Rob,

Just to let you know, I have tried your suggestion this morning and I am pleased to say it worked a treat.

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Regards

Mark.

Hey Mark,

You are most welcome! All of this stuff is a challenge for me ;-) It seems that any changes that are done in relation to files on the TFTP Server require the Service stop and restart. This is the same if your are changing ringfiles, background images etc. etc. I'm not sure why this isn't spelled out more clearly in the docs, but it is a common issue with all phone models.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: