cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921/25 Push To Talk

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

I was just wondering if the only way to use the Push to talk feature on these wireless phones is to implement the IPICS solution. If not, can someone point my in the installation directions?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

As far as I know this is still the only way :(

This is not a built-in service (at least yet). Have a look at the following;

Q. Is Push-to-talk (PTT) natively supported on Cisco Unified CallManager or does it require a third-party application and server?

A. PTT is not supported natively on Cisco Unified CallManager. To support PTT, the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G relies on support via an XML application.

Q. How is PTT different on the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G compared to the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920?

A. The Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G has a dedicated application button that supports PTT via XML; the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920 uses soft keys for PTT.

Q. Does the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G support XML?

A. Yes. In fact, several third-party vendors are building XML applications that work with the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item0900aecd80601788.shtml

Check out Berbee (Push to Talk)

http://www.cisco.com/comm/applications/IPCApps/Docs/berbeecollateral.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

That's what I thought. Luckily, we're going to get a quote on IPICS.

Thanks

I believe CDW and LiteScape also make push-to-talk applications.

Cisco at one point or another was going to OEM the LiteScape product into CUAE but I'm not sure if that ever happened.

This is supported on CME, for what it's worth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: