cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A PIX Command to SHOW RUN brief

rbill1967
Level 1
Level 1

Right now my pix will show the entire config in one fail swoop. I need to break it down to so many lines. I've tried goggling it but no such luck so far. I need to change it and make it permanent so that every time I open it up it will stay at that level?

Please give me a link to the proper command or a suggestion on how to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In Pix 6.x, you could use

Pager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/command/reference/mr.html#wp1026890

In Pix 7.x and higher,

Terminal pager

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In Pix 6.x, you could use

Pager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/command/reference/mr.html#wp1026890

In Pix 7.x and higher,

Terminal pager

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Thanks for the Help it did resolve it. Sorry I forgot I made the request for assistance.

If at all possible how would I make it permanent. I've done this and after so many connections I have to do it again.

After you make the change, you should be able to write the config to make it permanent.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Unfortunately that did not work, after a couple of days it defaults to showing all of it at once.

Any other suggestions?

Not really. It's part of your config, so writing it should keep the changes. If you're losing the changes, I think you have a larger problem.

If you do a "sh run | inc pager", what do you see?

What version are you on, and what PIX version is this?

HTH,

John

I see the following.

PIX525# sh run | inc pager

pager lines 30

PIX525#

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(4)

Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(3)

If you change that to what you want, and do "sh run | inc pager" again, do you see the changes?

If so, you should do "wr mem". After that, try "show start | inc pager" and see if your changes are there. If they are, you shouldn't be losing the changes on reboot.

HTH,

John

Okay lets see, and I will let you know in a few days.

Thanks

Just to keep you updated, I did the wr mem and it kept it for awhile. After awhile it reverted back. It there something else I should be looking at?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card