cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make call forwarding work on voicemail

learner2008
Level 1
Level 1

For example, I enable call forwarding to forward ext 111 to 222. but if nobody answer calls at ext 222, users always get 111's greeting.

So how to make forwarded incoming calls to reach the second number 222's voicemail instead of 111.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jessica,

This behaviour can be changed in Unity 5.x and beyond :)

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg060.html#wp1040786

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

learner2008
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM v4.1 and Unity v5.0. Can it be done or not?

Thanks for help.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jessica,

This behaviour can be changed in Unity 5.x and beyond :)

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg060.html#wp1040786

Hope this helps!

Rob

That is great! I appreciate your help!

Hi Jessica,

You are most welcome my firend :)

Cheers!

Rob

hi rob

u always the best in unity and IP TEL

by the way as the discussion about voice mails and forwarding

i wanna make a hunt groub in ccm busnise eddition and make a shared voice mail for that hunt group in unity connection to u have any sugestions like config steps or a link

for that idea

thanks in advance

Marwan

Hi Marwan,

Thanks so much for that very high praise! The same comments apply to you as well my friend :) You and I actually worked on a similar request not to long ago in this post;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1a8b4/1#selected_message

I have not ever used CUCM-BE but this should all carry over. The only part that I am unsure of is creating a mailbox on UC without a related user in CCM (with business edition) You may have to set up a "fake" user in CCM that can be imported to UC for the new shared mailbox.

Hope this helps buddy! Please let me know if I have captured your question.

Rob

oh thanks

yes Rob i remember this post, but the issue now a bit diffrent

the customer has users each one has his own voice mail

in addition to that there will be hunt groups that will in clude users fromo those already has VM

and this hunt group VM should let those members to listen to voice messages for thier hunt group

what i was thinking is to make the forward no answer to the VM pilot

in the unity i creat a forwarded rule that forward the call to call handler that send the message to a a distribution list that include whatever user they want !!

however i have one concern

when the call will be forward from a hunt number lets say the hunt group associated with a oilot number 1234

and in the hunt list the forward no answer is VM pilot

when unity recieve the call and has a rule as forwarded from 1234

will unity will reconize the call as from 1234

or from the las member did not answer ??

thank you Rob

Hey Marwan,

You are always welcome! Unity will see the number being forwarded as the Hunt Pilot # 1234 so you should be good to go :) The Call Forward from the individual Hunt List members will always be ignored if the call has routed via the Hunt Pilot.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob :)

Hi Marwan,

You are most welcome! Have a great weekend my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

Is there any work around to achieve this in Unity 4.0.

If yes please let know how.

Thanks,

Vinay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: