Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Verisign Cert failure

I have a certificate from verisign and it asks me for the private key file? Verisign didn't give me a private key file, where would I find this file?

Thanks

mike

4 Replies 4

verisignts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michael,

VeriSign does provide you with the certificate which is the signed public key. For security reasons, the private key is not something that you would provide to VeriSign as this needs to remain on your server or device. It should not be shared with another party. Depending on what was used to generate the key pair, the private key may simply be a file located in a certain path or it could possibly be hidden.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Phone: 1-877-438-8776 Option 1, 2

Email: support@verisign.com

Regards,

Frank

VeriSign Technical Support

VeriSign, Inc.

Frank,

Problem was with the FTPserver I was using, It was changes to certificate information and thus causing a error during the certificate install process.

Thanks for clarifing the private key process for me.

Mike

Mike,

Could you elaborate on the problem with the FTP Server, and the solution?

Thanks,

Dhiraj

My FTP server some change some of the data contained in the.cer file. This caused the ACS to say it was in an invalid format. I downloaded filezilla FTP server and uploaded the cert to it, from there I FTP to file to the ACS and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: