Views
Helpful
Replies

General Conference Bridge Question

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

Straight forward ad-hoc conference scenario that I will try to keep simple:

"Phone A" calls "Phone B" then "Phone A" conferences "Phone C" in. "Phone B" tries to conference in "Phone D, but gets a "Key not Active" error when pressing the softkey to bring the call into conference. Is this by design? Does "Phone A" have to bring "Phone D" in since "A" initiated the original bridge? Or is there a misconfigured setting in my CM?

Thanks!

Will Rate Posts

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Only the conference initiator can add other users to the conference. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml#adhoc

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Only the conference initiator can add other users to the conference. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml#adhoc

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks, Brandon. I had an older doc that had similar information but didn't spell it out as clearly as the one you sent over.

Thanks for your help!

If you want other users to have conference control, you can enable the Advanced Ad Hoc Conference Enabled Required Field Service Parameter. This changes the behavior of all ad hoc conferences on the cluster.

Advanced Ad Hoc conference features include the ability for conference participants other than the conference controller to add new participants to an existing Ad Hoc conference, the ability for any non-controller conference participant to drop other participants from the conference via the ConfList and RmLstC softkey, and whether Ad Hoc conferences can be linked together using features such as conference, join, direct transfer, and transfer. Valid values specify True (allow advanced Ad Hoc conference features) or False (do not allow advanced Ad Hoc conference features).

Default: False

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: