cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the max IPSEC session with in a VPN Tunnel

logan-7
Level 1
Level 1

Wanted to know how many individual session can a VPN Tunnel support?

The reason I am asking this is I have a L2L between my VPN 3030 concentrator and a Vendors ASA5540, there are 30 Sessions going over the tunnel at any one time, I am having issues with a New session and wanted to know the Maximum number of sessions for a VPN Tunnel.

thanks

2 Replies 2

mike_guy29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly there is only one LAN to LAN VPN connection. Is this correct? You are not asking how many concurrent LAN to LAN VPNs you can have?

If by "sessions" going over the VPN tunnel you are referring to conversations between machines on either side of the VPN then there are no limits per se. It just depends on how many subnets etc you define in your crypto ACLs. Obviously however you have to take the bandwidth etc into account which would affect how many "sessions" would work well, but there are no actual limits to how many you may configure (to the best of my knowledge)

Thanks

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To my knowledge there is no such limit on the ASA or VPNC that will stop you at 30 sessions, what is the exact error you are receiving?

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card