cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing WLC's in RME (LMS3.1)

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

I want to be able to save my WLC's config in RME as it does for my switches/routers. However, I keep getting the message that it is not supported. does anyone know if there is a device package for WLC or if Cisco plans on future support for it? if not how does one save (scheduled) configs for the WLC? Can it be done by WCS?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The device package for RME 4.2 is currently available from Cisco.com. Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, select RME, then download all available device updates. The WLC support comes as part of that.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The device package for RME 4.2 is currently available from Cisco.com. Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, select RME, then download all available device updates. The WLC support comes as part of that.

What Protocols are supported for the WLC config fetch ?

Telnet and SSH.

Doesn't work in our environment. Config Fetch always fails on the WLC.

The Credentials ( Telnet, Telnet enable, SNMP RO ) are all corect, also the inventory collection is successful.

For the Config fetch I always get the following error-message.

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,Telnet,TFTP

Execution Result:

Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after increasing the job result wait time using the option:Resource Manager Essentials -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings

I already increased the Fetch Settings time from 120 to 300 without success.

Yes it was failing for me inspite of the LMS patch/device package... and then I found one small pc. of info in one of cisco's pdfs...

the WLC has to be min 5.0.148.0 !!

I found a serious bug in config archive with SSH and the WLC, MDS, etc. platforms. An infinite loop gets triggered. I have a patch which is available by contacting the TAC and referencing CSCsv95235.

I am having problems with the config fetch on the NME-AIR-WLC8-K9 running 5.1.151.0. I am using telnet, not ssh so the bug you mentioned doesn't apply. I've checked/re-checked credentials, I can telnet fine to the device but config fetch fails (however inventory collection does work).

Please let me know if you have any ideas on this.

Thanks

Please start a new thread for your problem.

Hello Joe,

the patch is working fine.

Many thanks for the great support.