CCNA Sec Req for CCSP?

Answered Question
Dec 11th, 2008

On CCO it states the CCNA Security cert (or CCNA + SND which retired last month) is a prerequisite for the CCSP cert. I was told though that the CCNA Sec is not a required prerequisite until June '09. True or false? Thanks.

Correct Answer by tperrier about 8 years 2 months ago

Um, who do you think is most likely to provide correct information, between Cisco's site and "someone who told you that..."?

This someone must have thought of CCVP and CCNA Voice, where the June deadline is true.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
tperrier Thu, 12/11/2008 - 05:23

Um, who do you think is most likely to provide correct information, between Cisco's site and "someone who told you that..."?

This someone must have thought of CCVP and CCNA Voice, where the June deadline is true.

venom43212 Thu, 12/11/2008 - 05:46

Thanks...the "someone" was a Cisco training partner which is the only reasin I gave it any validity...

keller.oliver Fri, 12/12/2008 - 05:07

The SND retired last month, but if you already passed the exam, it is valid for the next three years. Valid means: SND is accepted as a prerequisite for CCSP instead of IINS/CCNA security.

During the transition from SND to IINS there was a first idea of cutting the three year period to just next summer, but since some people have half there CCSP finished starting with SND, Cisco decided to extend that "grace period" to three years. I guess that's where the CLPs info came from.

Later,

Oliver

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html

CCNA Security

OR

CCNA + SND*

*SND last day to test is November 17, 2008.

Candidates for CCSP will now need only four exams (three required, one elective) with the introduction of the new CCNA Security as a prerequisite, instead of the five exams required today (four required, one elective).

** Retired exams that have been passed may be used towards exam requirements for three years.

Actions

This Discussion