cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM - PROBLEMS WITH NOTIFICATION BY TRAPS

rodrivieira
Level 1
Level 1

I set up DFM to sent event notifications using traps but I have realized that some events were not been sent from only one device. I sniffed server interface and, although I could see those events from this device in AAD, those ones were not been sent through.

Do you have any idea what would be this problem? Is there any log file with all notification events sent by traps?

The device in question is a ME3750 and DFM version is 3.0.3.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo Vieira

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The log file for Notification Services is NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/NOS/nos.log.

Thank you for your reply, but in this log file there isn't a clear information about my issue.

I tried to remove and add again to DFM that device but I still face the problem!

Please post screenshots of your notification group configuration, event set configuration (if applicable), SNMP trap notification configuration, and a sample event which should have been sent as a trap.

After a reload in the server of CWLMS all events are being sent as a notfication by traps and now it seems to work fine.

Do you think this problem could be related with CWLMS server performance? We have a V445 (4GB RAM) for almost 100 managed devices.

The server sounds fine. All I can say is the NOSServer process may have been in a bad state. The restart corrected that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: