Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer a call from queue to voice mail

milos.zivkovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Standard version of UCCX 4.0. Customer needs an option to transfer a calls from queue to voice mail at any time. otherwise calls should remain in queue. I think it can be done using menu or get digit string step but if someone did it already I would appreciate your advice.

thanks,

milos

5 Replies 5

To the best of my (albeit limited) knowledge, the only way to do what you are trying to do is with a Menu item, with the Retry property set to 0 (or it will ask "Are you there?"). The problem with this solution is that it only accepts the input during and just after the prompt (up to the timeout setting), and nothing else can play during the timeout period. This is a far cry from 'at any time', but it has the virtue of working.

Try using Call Redirect, depends when you want to send the contact to vmail, either on successful, busy etc.

For customers who must have the "at any time" concept, you can do this by using a Get Digit String step with the MoH WAV file you want to play as the prompt parameter. Instead of the call being placed on hold, the Get Digit String plays the "on hold" music.

Then you can use an If statement within the Success branch to see if they pressed the correct digit. A Dequeue, Set Contact Info [Handled], and Call Redirect step can move the call to voicemail from there.

For the Failed branch of the If statement and the Unsuccessful/Timeout branches of the Get Digit String step, add a Goto step looping it back above the Get Digit String step.

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. Of course, it will burn that media resource a little more, but that is not usually a problem. I believe you can also do that with the Menu item, and then you would not need to verify the right digit was pressed.

Yes, it works fine with Menu option.

Menu--- prompt.wav

--- option 1

--- option 2

--- call redirect to voicemail if option 2 selected.

Timeout --- start loop again

unsuccessful --- go to end.

hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: