Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Power injector LR2

chriszulli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a few Aironet Power injector LR2's that are new and I'm trying to config for the first time. Im using the console cable with no luck - Com1 9600 8 none 1 none???? Very strange that it is not connecting on any of them - even tried a different cable. I get no display through hyperterm except maybe for a few symbols/chars. Tried the Ethernet port, checked dhcp server and did not show the device. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

I believe these are just "plug and play"

Configuration and Management: The power injector does not require configuration or management.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_data_sheet09186a008022551d.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

If it is the 1310 power injector as Rob has linked above, then that power injector requires the 1310 to be attached to it for configuration. Basically, the power injector provides the ports (network/console) to the 1310 which only has the dual coax going to it.

If you have a 1310 attached and you are not able to configure it via network or the console cable then you really have a problem. Otherwise, just know the power injector require no configuration to interface with the AP it was designed for.

You are correct - 1310 needs to be attached.

thanks

signed,

amateur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: