Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesage Queuing Service will not start

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer that is having issues with their Unity 4.2 system. It is a VM only system with Exchange on-box. The issue is that the Message Queuing Service fails to start automatically, and cannot be started manually. They are getting an error in the Windows Event Viewer (Application) that states that the Message Queuing Service failed to initialize. Nothing has changed on the system, and no updates have been applied, yet they have this symptom. Obviously, since the Message Queuing Service fails to start, several of the Unity services also fail to start due to their dependancies. What could be causing this? And, more importantly, how can this be resolved?

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Aaron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've seen this happen many times before... cause really isn't known. Most cases involved a re-installation of Message Queueing. Rarely is it resolved otherwise. This usually requires you to have the OS disc, so have that handy just in case. You can remove and re-add it from Add/Remove Windows Components.

I would also recommend just as a safe-guard to have a good backup of Unity prior.

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've seen this happen many times before... cause really isn't known. Most cases involved a re-installation of Message Queueing. Rarely is it resolved otherwise. This usually requires you to have the OS disc, so have that handy just in case. You can remove and re-add it from Add/Remove Windows Components.

I would also recommend just as a safe-guard to have a good backup of Unity prior.

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Brad

Brad,

Thank you very much for your help with this issue. The re-installation of the Message Queuing Service did the trick. One note, however, is that I ran into an error about "unable to load mqqm.dll" when trying to re-install the MSMQ service. Apparently this is known issue after applying a Microsoft update. So, the fix was to install the MS hotfix MS05-017 prior to the re-installation of the MSMQ service.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Aaron

Sure, np :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: