Cisco 1861- Configuring VoIP- Using PSTN

Unanswered Question
Dec 11th, 2008

I need help configuring a 1861 ISR. This SOHO will have 4 analog line or PSTN connecting to the router and want to be able to connect 4 Cisco Ip Phones 796X to this router and make VoIP calls out the local ISP and out the PSTN. I was wondering what will be needed so that I can implement VoIP using the Cisco 796x Series phones with 4 pstn lines and a local ISP connection so that calls can be forwarded out.

I have attached a configuration of an existing 1861 we have implemented but registered to our CallManager via CallManager Fallback. However I want this design to be independent and totally separate from our network.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Nicholas Matthews Fri, 12/12/2008 - 11:54

There's a pretty good chance you can just switch this over to a CME configuration rather than SRST. For CME you would configure 'telephony-service' after taking 'call-manager-fallback' out, and registering the phones directly there.

You would then create a SIP/H323 trunk to CCM for connectivity to other phones and calls.

If you would like PSTN connectivity to basic analog lines, you can get something like a VIC2-4FXO, a PVDM2-8, and route calls like that. For FXO lines they will be generally redirected to a single number via a 'connection plar' statement that leads to a receptionist's DN or an auto attendant.

Actions

This Discussion