cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 5.x unity server in production. and have just added a new 7.x server into the network. I need to add the same subscribers to the 7.x server. is it sufficient to shut off the services on the 5.x server while i do the bulk import or does it need to be completely shut down? i know you cant have the same users on two diff unity servers in a non FO scenerio.

12 Replies 12

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

couple things here.

those users are "tagged" in AD as belonging to the Unity 5.0 server so they wont show up for import into the 7.0 server until you delete them from the 5.0 server (or clean them with a tool like Remove Subscriber Properties).

A better way to go is to use a tool like Global Subscriber Manager to move the users from 5.0 to 7.0 while both are up. You can get the latest and watch the training videos for it on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

the newest version only lets you move not import. when i right click my name to move it to another unity server it says its checking to see if i can be deleted and says i can and i hit next. the next screen asks what the destination server is that i want to move to from below, however, it is blank.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't understand what you mean by it only lets you move not import - moving is what you want to do.

If it doesn't show you any servers to move to then those servers aren't showing up in the local Unity's database (i.e. the directory syncher isn't pulling them in) - or the servers are not in the same dialing domain. They have to be in the same dialing domain to move users between them (this is defined on the primary location object of each Unity server).

If you have to define the dialing domain on both servers it may take a while for AD to replicate this information aound...

ok i got past that and now it says Can't write to Stream Files share, please see the help file for more information. Server: UNITY01 Share Directory Path: \\UNITY01\Stream Files

i've shared the folder and gave the unityinstall acct full rights to that folder. am i just sharing that stream files folder or do i need to also share commserver folder?

i have a TAC case open. are there any known issues with GSM from unity 5.x to 7.x?

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's just the streamfiles folder (where voice names and greetings are stored locally for a Unity installation).

no bugs related to this I know of - GSM's check is very simple - it attempts to write a temporary file to the remote streamfile folder - that's it. If it fails you see that error message. This is not likely going to be a GSM bug - it's going to be a share permissions issue (AV problem or CSA getting in the way or something along those lines).

ok so it was a permission issue.got past that and was able to move a user,however, when you call that phone it takes u to unity, however, doesnt take u to that users voicemail. it says "unity messaging system, from a touch tone phone you may dial an ext...." when i dial the unity ports for the new system same thing. the user is in the new system and shows it carried over the recorded name. any idea?

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My first guess is that the phone is still forwarding to the old Unity server that you moved the user from...

Use the Port Status Montitor (in the Tools Depot on your desktop) to check and see which system you're calling in on.

it's hitting an opening greeting of the old Unity server. how do i get it to that person's VM greeting?

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to have the phone forward to the correct pilot number on the new Unity server on a RNA or busy event for that extension - I don't know what your phone setup is but typically you can do this en mass (i.e. with Call Manager you'd setup voice mail profiles and assign phones to the correct one as you move them) or program it on the phone directly (i.e. in the settings menu) - I can't really help you with that end of it without some more details about your setup.

we have one CCM server. i'm pretty sure i have set up all the settings in CCM correctly for VM profile, hunt pilot, VM ports etc although it is using the same CSS and partion and DP as the other Unity server ports. i have a VM profile set up to ring to the hunt pilot of the 7.x server. all ports are registered. on the phone itself i have changed the VM profile to point to the new one and it just isnt going to my greeting.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, if the call is going to the old server, something isn't right on the CM side of the house, Connection isn't involved until we get the call... not sure what to tell you at this point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: