cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Error

ccarey
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error on my MARS box, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

"Program aborted due to: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress".

I have see a couple of Oracle-specific posts that suggest that it may be related to log file size, not sure if this is the case or not, or how to address this on a MARS if so.

I look forward to advice.

Thanks,

Chris.

7 Replies 7

michaelelowery
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem, if anyone knows the procedure to correct this, please let us know!

Thanks,

Michael

Which version are you guys running?

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

I would love to tell you, but I get the same error when I hit it with the ver command!

Not the most accurate, but the device was purchased new about 5 months ago.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Chris.

Have you guys tried to restart the MARS services from the CLI?

pnstop

then

pnstart

Or a reload even if possible.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

Yes, have tried both the restart of services and a complete reboot prior to posting - no joy.

I look forward to any further suggestions.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Well at this point I would just go ahead and approach TAC. Nobody has root access to the box except them,, so there is not much to do really! Except upgrade/re-image or TAC etc.

Regards

farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

OK, will raise a TAC case.

Many thanks for your assistance. If I learn anything from them I will post the information for reference.

Chris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: