Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting 1242AG-S-K9 to ETSI

Hi,

I have a 1242AG accesspoint which is currently in singapore config. If i use this device in Europe i get very low signal on the Laptops belongs to europe users. If i use singapore laptops then i get full signal.

Is there anyway i can change the Access point to ETSI config?? Any IOS upgrade can help?

Thanks

Manoj

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manoj,

Sadly, this cannot be changed in the field. Here is a paraphrase from Cisco doc's;

Access points are designed for use in many countries with varying regulatory requirements. The radios within the access points are assigned to a specific regulatory domain at the factory (such as -E for Europe), the country code ensures that each radio's broadcast frequency bands, interfaces, channels, and transmit power levels are compliant with country-specific regulations.

Hope this helps!

Rob

tomathur
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry Manoj.You will have to buy a new AP from Cisco with the software image containing E in the name.It designates that the AP is meant to be used in European regulatory domain.This is embedded on the chipset(hardware).No IOS(software) upgrade can help.

Thanks

Manish Mathur

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card