3-sec delays every minute

Unanswered Question
Dec 11th, 2008

I recently got a new machine (Vista 64-bit) and put in a Linksys/Cisco Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band to get me onto my home wireless network. Since doing so, I've noticed a 3 sec delay every minute as it is speaking to the Verizon-provided wireless router. Below is part of my ping test - I get about 57 of the <1ms responses and then one big 3000-ish response every 57 seconds.

Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3324ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

I know enough to know this isn't correct but not enough to debug this situation. I previously had a Westell USB network adapter on my machine with the same router and never saw this type of delay so that device shouldn't be the culprit.

Any ideas, please? (Thanks in advance and have a WONDERFUL holiday season!!)

Dan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
CFayNTAdmin83 Fri, 12/12/2008 - 05:12

I happen to have a Linksys USB wireless adapter. I believe it is the WUSB54G v4. This could be a possible QoS problem with the wireless card driver and utility. I remember that I had to install the latest version from the website in order to get it to play nice with WPA2 PSK and AES. If you have the utility installed there is an advanced button in the wireless profile config that lets you turn on the advanced ccx features of that card. If you have any type of QoS enabled, I would disable that. If that is not the case, then I'd recommend to double check the drivers. I am running this on Vista 32bit...

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode