Customer has Publisher and a single Subscriber running version 4.1.3 SR1.
Customer requires upgrade to 6.1.2 using new MCS hardware. I want to make sure that I use the correct method for
upgrading to 6.1.2 on the new servers.
This is an overview of how I plan to carry out the upgrade:
1) Backup existing Publisher database using BARS
2) Install 4.1.3 SR1 on one of the new MCS servers which will be the Publisher
3) Install BARS on the new MCS server (using same version of BARS that was used to backup
current Publisher database in step 1)
4) Use BARS Restore to restore the database of the existing Publisher onto the new one.
5) Install DMA on the new Publisher MCS server.
6) Run DMA to export data from new Publisher.
Is the above the correct way to export data from the current Publisher
I'm wondering (that instead of carrying out the above method) if I should export the data directly from the existig Publisher ie by installing DMA on the existing Publisher then running DMA export. This would save me a lot
of time as it means that I don't need to carry out steps 2) to 6). I don't know if this is a feasable option.
Please could anybody who has done this type of upgrade advise me on which method they used for DMA?
Are both methods feasable - I could not find any details on CCO
I did some upgrades recently and I used DMA to backup from my CCM4.1.3 and on my new MCS I installed 6.0 and used the DMA option to restore. You should not need steps 2-6.