Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot download update through software update and device package update

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I am not able to download the update package for both software update and device package update via CCO account.

I have checked the log file in Activity Log (under Common Services) but the detail seems not to be helpful. Anyone can explain and suggest any solution on this? Thanks!!!

Regards

Yi Shyuan

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Common Services do you have? What errors are you seeing when trying to download updates? If you use a proxy, make sure your proxy settings are correct under Common Services > Server > Security > Proxy Server Setup.

Hi jclarke,

The common services version is 3.1.1. There is no specific error prompted when I am using CCO account to download. The notification only prompted me to check the log file for error. However, there is not much information on that.

There is also no proxy settings on Common Services.

Please post the psu.log.

Hi jclarke,

As requested. Thanks!

Regards

Yi Shyuan

According to this, you did not enter valid Cisco.com credentials. Your Cisco.com credentials must give you access to pages like http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

Hi jclarke,

I am able to access to the page and download the patch files. Is that really due to my CCO credential?

The only real error in this log file points to a problem with Cisco.com authorization. The other errors indicate no available packages for Common Services or Campus Manager (this is expected).

You said you're not using a proxy, so the only other option is Cisco.com credentials. At this point, it is useful to get a sniffer trace of all tcp/80 traffic going to www.cisco.com to see exactly what is happening.

Hi jclarke,

Thanks for the solution. I have already found out that there's another firewall in another segment acting as a proxy which caused the problem.

Regards

Yi Shyuan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: