Views
Helpful
Replies

CME to CME Conferencing over the WAN

ashish.sehgal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have two CMEs 2821. I have successfully configured conferencing in these two CMEs, but I am not able to achieve conferencing between two networks. Well IP reachability is successfully tested.

PFA sh run,sh diag. If require, I'll post the sh tech also.

Thanks and Regards

Ashish

4 Replies 4

You may want to change the sdspfarm units to 2, and make sure that 'show sccp' shows the conferencing units as registered.

This will also only work as configured for ad-hoc, as meet-me hasn't been configured on this yet.

Hi Nic,

I understand that-sdspfarm units,

Specifies the maximum number of DSP farms that are allowed to be registered to the SCCP server.

Do you thing my PVDM is capable to support conferencing over the WAN?

Do you find any other loophole in the configuration?

Do you think I need to configure DSPfarm for transcoding also?

Since my calls are happening over the WAN I thought it might not be required.

Last but not the least, I tried configuring DSPfarm for transcoding but maximum session allowed were 0 only and in case of DSPfarm for conferencing it was 2.

Do you suggest me to reduce one session in conferencing DSPfarm and create one for transcoding dspfarm.

Since maximum session allowed is 2 only, do you think this is the suspicious point?

On the above account, do you think my PVDM is capable enough?

You may check the PVDM module in the "sh diag" output already attached.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish

In the case of conferencing, it will require the use of the entire DSP. On a PVDM2-16 there is only one DSP. Without a PVDM2-32 or large, you won't be able to configure both transcoding and conferencing. This explains the maximum sessions problem.

In this case if the call is coming into the conference bridge as G.729 I believe you're right that it will need to be transcoded in order to join the G.711 conference. I would have to lab this up to be sure. You could try configuringing your ephones with 'codec g729r8' and trying the conference with the WAN phone to see if this makes a difference. I'm not positive if the conferencing session on CME has to be 100% converted go G.711 or not.

Thanks Nic, for the reply.

I'll lab the scenario again with PVDM2-32 and will check with the same configuration. Will revert back if get some finding.

Requesting you to let me know if you get some thing solid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: