cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

INLINE INTERFACE DO NOT CAME UP

abelleli71
Level 1
Level 1

I have a test scenario like this : WAE 512 ( Central Manager ) 2 WAE 612 ( Application Manager ) every WAE is connected to a Catalyst 3550 with nothing particular configured :

I set up the INLine interface as primary assign to them Ip address in the same subnet of the switch . But the INLINE interface ( both LAN and WAN ) do not came UP , just a spantree check then come down . Only the GIGABIT 1/0 of the wae can be conneted to a switch or a router ? Because only that interface came UP

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To bring up an inline interface, you have to do a "no shut" on the inline group once you have connected them to your networking infrastructure (routers and/or switches).

Are both the LAN and WAN ports connected to a networking device in the inline group? If you are only connecting a single port to a switch, then you should use the onboard nic (gig 1/0 or gig 2/0) as the primary interface.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To bring up an inline interface, you have to do a "no shut" on the inline group once you have connected them to your networking infrastructure (routers and/or switches).

Are both the LAN and WAN ports connected to a networking device in the inline group? If you are only connecting a single port to a switch, then you should use the onboard nic (gig 1/0 or gig 2/0) as the primary interface.

Hope that helps,

Dan

tahnks for the answer .

I connect both (LAn and WAN ) to the same switch ( or I MUST connect the WAN interface to a ROUTER ? ) . The " no shut" was for sure made The subnet is the same of the central Manager but:

LAN port became green on the switch ( A-Full )

WAN port remain in ambra on the switch ( A-full )

No ping is available to the APPLICATION WAE .

Only the Central manager ( managed via GIG1/0 ) can be pinged . In this way I cannot register the 2 APPLICATION WAE via CMS ENABLE

please suggest ...

WAN

All fixed !

Was only a stupid slot do not ain't no correctly installed !

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: