Views
Helpful
Replies

switch management

chris.zulli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have about 10 2950/2960 switches and I want to be able to monitor them ie, high utilization, up/down, high bandwidth etc. Can the CNA software perform this for me? Do I need to setup the switches to do this? Links to docs would be very helpful as well.

Thank You

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco Network Assistant is a PC-based network management application optimized for wired and wireless LANs for growing businesses that have 40 or fewer switches and routers. By using Cisco Smart ports technology, Cisco Network Assistant simplifies configuration, deployment, and ongoing management and maintenance of Cisco Systems networks. The application provides a centralized network view through a user-friendly GUI. The program allows network administrators to easily apply common services, generate inventory reports, synchronize passwords, and employ features across Cisco switches, routers, and access points.

CiscoWorks LMS is an integrated suite of applications for administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting Cisco networks. It provides a solid foundation of infrastructure management capabilities so that IT organizations can efficiently manage business-critical networks. CiscoWorks LMS contains the following applications:

For further information about CNA click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps5931/product_data_sheet0900aecd8068820a.html