Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE IPIPGW H323 to H323 Setup Help

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to install a CUBE IP_IP GW H323 to H323 on a client network that has an mpls connection to an ATT IPGW. There is no Gatekeeper involved. I need help coming up with a config to do this, I have no experience with CUBE. From what I can tell, I need to have dial-peers but the Cisco Docs just confuse me as to what I really need in the config for CUBE. I will be sending calls from CM to CUBE and CUBE will route the calls to the mpls router. Please Help!! Thx!

6 Replies 6

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Some more details, The client is currently using a NAT router to connect calls to the provider. We wnat to replace the nat router with a cube that is setup as an H323 Gateway in CM, route calls to it and send the calls to the MPLS router out to the ATT IPGW.

Thanks,

are you just trying to do this to bridge the 2 different networks? I do the same thing essentailly with SIP to H323 for my home! it should be very easy, clearly defined inbound and outbound dial peers on the gateways. And enable CUBE..

voice service voip

allow-connection h323 to h323

walla! good to go!!

Cheers, please rate useful posts..

Chad

Hi, The CUBE is to route long distance outbound only calls from the cluster to an AT&T IP GW. H323 to H323, no SIP being used.

Then take out the sip commands, and take off 'session protocol sip' and change all dtmf to h245-alphanumeric.

Config still stands as good.

hth,

nick

The basic CUBE config:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern .T

session protocol sip

session target ipv4:

incoming called-number (range of your internal DID)

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

dial-peer voice 1 voip

answer-address (range of your internal DID)

dtmf h245-alpha

codec g711ulaw

no vad

destination-pattern (range of your DID)

session target ipv4:

hth,

nick

Hi, I'm doing H323 to H323, no SIP involved, I hope to be able to start testing with this next week. I know there is more needed, interfaces need to be configured and binded and that is not clear to me.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: