cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP inform request source-interface

Config T
Level 1
Level 1

Instead of using SNMP TRAPS I would like to use INFORM requests. When I receive TRAPS everything is working correcty. When I receive INFORM requests, the source interface is reported wrong.

My config:

snmp-server trap-source Loopback0

snmp-server source-interface informs Loopback0

snmp-server enable traps snmp linkup

snmp-server enable traps config

snmp-server host 10.101.1.15 inform version 2c public

snmp-server host 10.101.1.15 version 2c public

The TRAPS report their source address as Loopback0 but the INFORMS report their source address as FastEthernet0.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try adding:

snmp-server source-interface informs lo0

Never mind, I see you already had it. This could be a bug. What version of IOS is this?

IOS version is 12.4-15

I can reproduce in 12.4(22)T, and I cannot find an existing bug on this. I recommend you open a TAC service request so a new bug can be filed.

Hello,

we are also migrating from traps to informs and I can see that this source-interface issue is still open. I can confirm it is happening on Cisco 7609-S with IOS: 12.2.(33)SRD5, SRD6 and SRE2.

In bug toolkit I can see it opened for 6500 under CSCtc43231 (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtc43231) but there is no any SR release under affected versions.

If anyone knows any workaround, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance!

I never did find a work around for this. I gave up on using informs.

Marko, I think the SR train needs to be added to this bug.  If you have the ability to open a TAC service request, I recommend you do so and the required release train can be added to the list of affected versions.

Thanks guys for quick responses!

@chitrungtran

Thanks for sharing info. Unfortunately, we have to use informs, so I need to find a way to configure it with good source. I'll post solution if I find any.

@Joseph

Thanks for suggestion. I already opened TAC case for affected versions. I'll inform you on the conclusion of the case. Currently I'm collecting all relevant output, debugs and packet captures for developers.

Regards!

I already have that in the original configuration.