cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP inform request source-interface

Config T
Level 1
Level 1

Instead of using SNMP TRAPS I would like to use INFORM requests. When I receive TRAPS everything is working correcty. When I receive INFORM requests, the source interface is reported wrong.

My config:

snmp-server trap-source Loopback0

snmp-server source-interface informs Loopback0

snmp-server enable traps snmp linkup

snmp-server enable traps config

snmp-server host 10.101.1.15 inform version 2c public

snmp-server host 10.101.1.15 version 2c public

The TRAPS report their source address as Loopback0 but the INFORMS report their source address as FastEthernet0.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try adding:

snmp-server source-interface informs lo0

Never mind, I see you already had it. This could be a bug. What version of IOS is this?

IOS version is 12.4-15

I can reproduce in 12.4(22)T, and I cannot find an existing bug on this. I recommend you open a TAC service request so a new bug can be filed.

Hello,

we are also migrating from traps to informs and I can see that this source-interface issue is still open. I can confirm it is happening on Cisco 7609-S with IOS: 12.2.(33)SRD5, SRD6 and SRE2.

In bug toolkit I can see it opened for 6500 under CSCtc43231 (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtc43231) but there is no any SR release under affected versions.

If anyone knows any workaround, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance!

I never did find a work around for this. I gave up on using informs.

Marko, I think the SR train needs to be added to this bug.  If you have the ability to open a TAC service request, I recommend you do so and the required release train can be added to the list of affected versions.

Thanks guys for quick responses!

@chitrungtran

Thanks for sharing info. Unfortunately, we have to use informs, so I need to find a way to configure it with good source. I'll post solution if I find any.

@Joseph

Thanks for suggestion. I already opened TAC case for affected versions. I'll inform you on the conclusion of the case. Currently I'm collecting all relevant output, debugs and packet captures for developers.

Regards!

I already have that in the original configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: