Views
Helpful
Replies

PLS I NEED SOME ADVICE 4RM U

aliyumazaje
Level 1
Level 1

HELLO,

PLEASE I HAVE INTERST IN PERSUING MY STUDIES WITH CISCO TECHNOLOGY.BUT I AM SCARED.COUSE I ONLY HAVE SECONDARY SCHOOL QUARLIFICATION, AND WRITE NOW I AM WORKING WITH AN INTERNET CAFE AND WE PROVIDE SERVICES TO COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS.SO I CHOSE TO STUDY IN IT FIELD, IN WICH I AHVE STATED CCNA STUDY WITH CISCO ACCADAMY (NIGERIA)AND I HAVE MUCH INTREST TO PERSUE THE STUDY TO CCIE LEVEL. THEN AFFTER THAT I WILL CONTINUE WITH MY EDUCATION. HELP ME WITH SOME A ADVICE.

THANKS.

5 Replies 5

The best thing you can do to expand your abilities is lab things up. If you have limited resources you can use some of the emulation software that is out there.

Here's a guide to setting up dynamips (IOS emulation):

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/iosonpc.htm

The next step is to read as much as you can on the topic. Sometimes you can find good deals on the books second-hand, but shipping to Nigeria may be cost-prohibitive. Check out http://safaribooks.com/

For an annual fee of less than the price of a single Cisco press book, you can read nearly every Cisco book imaginable.

If I had limited resources and wanted to get into Cisco, I would combine dynamips and Safaribooks. You can get all the way to the CCIE level with just these two things, with enough practice. No more excuses!

hello Nicmatth good day,

Thanks for you massage,but it seems you did not undestand my request.

I read your question and it looked like you wanted advice on the best way to learn Cisco to the CCIE level.

If this is the case, re-read my first post. All you need to learn Cisco is an internet connection and the desire to learn. The books are cheap online, and you can run emulation routers at home. You can become a CCIE by never leaving your desk (except for the lab exam, of course!).

If this is not the case, what exactly do you want advice on?

OK, first of all you do not mention which CCIE you want, but this is under UC so i assume you're going to try the Voice CCIE

if you're new to VoIP you'll have to do the V3.0 since it's changing Mid July 09. Unless you study 24x7 and practice all days to do it before that time.

you need to know you're going for one of the hardest CCIE exams. only IOS training is not enough. you really need hands on experience to do this since it's not only matter of knowing how to do it but to actually know and see how it works.

ALL you need to study can be found here:

CCIE

Voice

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/index.html

there are plenty of things that just studying won't be enough. i know because i know from guys that have done it in the past that there are a couple of things that unless you have worked with the systems and know troubleshooting you'll never get them right.

that stuff is not really difficult, but if you have no experience or only book experience it's hard to know how to do it in the real world.

if you're really going to do this you'll have to get access to some equipment or maybe use VMware to create the labs. again, any question on what's on the exam, material, versions, look at the link

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks javalenc

for your massage is very interesting,and i have check the links i will get in to it as soon as i am true with my CCNP

THANKS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: