Views
Helpful
Replies

7985 problems with audio only calls

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have deployed a CallManager 6.1 cluster with several H.323 gateways for access to the PSTN.

Inbound and otbound calls work ok with standard phones (7965, 7941 and 7911) however I am having problems with outbound calls from 7985 video enabled phones.

When I make a call to a PSTN device it is routed to a H.323 gateway according to the dial plan. However it seems that the 7985 is trying to make a video call via the gateway and this fails. Below is the output of debug isdn q931 on the gateway.

Bearer Capability i = 0x8890

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Unrestricted Digital

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

Calling Party Number i = 0x00C3, N/A

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0124224XXXX'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

The H.323 gateways cannot support video calls so I need some way of forcing the call from the 7985 to be audio only.

Does anyone know how to do this?

3 Replies 3

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Just found the answer on NetPro - I should search more thoroughly before posting.

The answer was contained in the response below from Kenneth Mohammed (Thanks 5 points)

Posted by: kenneth.mohammed - systems technician, AT&T Communication Systems Southeast - May 7, 2008, 9:15am PST

7985 sets try to initiate H.264 video calls by default on all calls. Under your voice-port configuration, you need to have the following:

voice-port x/x/x:23

bearer-cap speech

This should allow your 7985 to make calls to the PSTN.

Hope that helped, and if so, please rate post.

Thanks a lot, that command helped me to fix the problem.

Thanks, this solved my issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: