Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Pls, hardware conference in AS5350XM

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm on the way migration from 3825 to AS5350XM to increase the media resource requirement. 3825 used transcoder, hardware conference and hardware MTP with CUCM but hardware conference doesn't work in AS5350XM.

Anyone knows why hardware conference doesn't work in AS5350XM

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The platform you will want to look for larger conference DSP support is the VGD-1T3.

The 6608 is EOS and the CCM module is on it's way out as well. This is the 5xxx CUCM controllable platform with a T3. It will be the first 5xxx platform that can be controlled with MGCP, as well as MTP/conferencing resources.

Here's a link to the relevant configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/access/vgd1t3/rel1_0/software/configuration/guide/VGD_transcoding.html

It appears that conferencing may not be in support as of now, but it's on the roadmap. I don't know the details of when, but if you have an account / sales team, they would be a good person to ask. Otherwise, I would keep an eye peeled on that link for official conferencing support.

It may work now, but not be in the documentation, it's hard to say. But it's definitely the direction you would want to look.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

The platform you will want to look for larger conference DSP support is the VGD-1T3.

The 6608 is EOS and the CCM module is on it's way out as well. This is the 5xxx CUCM controllable platform with a T3. It will be the first 5xxx platform that can be controlled with MGCP, as well as MTP/conferencing resources.

Here's a link to the relevant configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/access/vgd1t3/rel1_0/software/configuration/guide/VGD_transcoding.html

It appears that conferencing may not be in support as of now, but it's on the roadmap. I don't know the details of when, but if you have an account / sales team, they would be a good person to ask. Otherwise, I would keep an eye peeled on that link for official conferencing support.

It may work now, but not be in the documentation, it's hard to say. But it's definitely the direction you would want to look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: