Views
Helpful
Replies

Requesting a 2950 Catalyst Configuration Template

shyam-kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I bought a new 2950 swicth for my internet cafe.I have 10 PCs with two internet connections of diiferent ISPs.I request you to reply with a good configuration template for nice perfomance and security.Requsting STP for automatic changeover from one ISP to the another while one disconnect.Iam attaching a the connection diagram that iam planning to use.Expecting valuble reply at the earliest.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Shyam,

the C2950 is a Layer2 switch and cannot handle L3 aspects like redundancy:

STP is a L2 protocol for managing link redundancy and again is not meant to handle routers redundancy.

You can just put all users in the same vlan and also the two routers internal lan ports.

They have to be configured to be in the same subnet.

If routers are consumer boxes you can just configure each PC to use one or the other.

If they were Cisco boxes you could use HSRP to provide a consistent single virtual gateway.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello giuslar,

Thanks for u r raply. Now iam aware about the STP. Can u suggest a basic configuration for optimum perfomance on the basis of vlan.

Rgds

Shyam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card