cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 871 behind adslmodem/router

jillesmiedema
Level 1
Level 1

i have an public ip adres aaaa , then an adslmodem with inside adres c.c.c.138. the fa4 of the cisco is connected to it with ip cccc01.

can i make acces rules with public ip adresses on the outside lan ccc0 of my cisco router because he sees only the gateway ccc138.

should i pass the public ip adres to my cisco router through the adslmodem to make acces lists on basis of public ip adresses of hosts i want to allow ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Generally, you'd want to put your ADSL modem in bridging mode. You'd then put your public IP addresses on your outside interface of the Cisco router, and you can control what traffic you want to enter your network via ACL, CBAC, etc.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Generally, you'd want to put your ADSL modem in bridging mode. You'd then put your public IP addresses on your outside interface of the Cisco router, and you can control what traffic you want to enter your network via ACL, CBAC, etc.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: