Views
Helpful
Replies

wccp support on 1700

dot10000000000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question on wccp support on 1700 router running ipbase image. once wccp ver 2 and service 61 and 62 are enabled on the router, it forms a service group with the engine and it sees the wae but once redirection 61 on the lan interface and 62 on the wan interface is enabled, no redirection takes place. the redirection doesnt occur and no traffic is redirected. What could be the problem. Does it have anything to do with the image running on the router?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1700 isn't a recommended platform for WCCP and WAAS, mostly due to the horsepower needed. What IOS version are you running?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

i know the 1700 is not a recommended platform for wccp or waas but at least it should still redirect traffic. the image running on the router is 12.3 ipbase. perhaps this does not really support wccp redirection on the interface. it takes the command but no redirection takes place.

Thanks,

Dotun

Dotun,

What version of 12.3 and what version of WAAS? I would recommend looking at least IOS version 12.3(13) or 12.3(14)T5 depending on what train you are using. Do you mind posting your configs from the WAEs and router? That might help determine what is happening.

Also do a couple of commands on the wae:

sh wccp router

sh wccp wide

sh wccp gre

On the router do:

sh ip wccp

sh ip wccp 61 detail

sh ip wccp 62 detail

Thanks,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: