Remote PG solution for AVAYA ACM

Unanswered Question
Dec 15th, 2008

Hi All,

I've read from the Cisco pre-planning guide and a 'Remote ACD' is supported in limited cases, such cases are called out in the ACD Set-up guides for the ICM Software. I've checked the ACD Set-up guide for Avaya ACM and a remote ACD Solution is not specified.

It's not a design I'm happy with and I will be looking at alternatives, but in order to fulfill the customers' questions, what guidance, i.e. bandwidth, latency, thresholds (if any) do we provide for this configuration?

I checked the Pre-planning guide and following is what I found for a Remote PG site.

Network Bandwidth Requirements-

The visible network bandwidth requirements for a typical ICM system are about 1,000 bytes of data per call over the networks that carry call data. For example, if a remote PG is managing 15 calls per second at a contact centre site, it needs to transfer 15,000 bytes of data over the visible WAN to the central site every second (a total of 120,000 bits per second, ignoring packet overhead). Is this calculation also valid for a WAN link between Remote PG and ACD?

In order to be able to provide a workable solution to a customer I need to also ensure that the solution is support by Cisco TAC.

The current solution in production was deployed by HP and is:

ICM CC

|

Switch----ICM PG

|

AVAYA-------MPLS-------CMS

This is the solution that we want to complete-

ICM CC

|

Switch----ICM PG

|

MPLS---CMS