cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading firmware on a PIMG

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

I have never done this before but need to. Is there any gotchas out there or is it pretty simple? For our Nortel PIMG I believe you'll need the ami_v5.1su3? Is this the correct file? Also, how do you backup the config.ini? Is is basic CLI commands from a console connection? Any info would be appreciated?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Johnny,

The best way to upgrade the firmware is fromt GUI.

The process is pretty straight forward. The ami_v5.1su3 is the correct file. Upgrade instructions are included in the zip file.

Go to export to backup the config.ini

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Step 5 Click Log On.

Step 6 On the Configure menu, click Upgrade.

Step 7 On the Upgrade page, click Browse.

Step 8 In the Choose File dialog box, browse to the directory on the Windows workstation that has the extracted PIMG firmware update files.

Step 9 Click Ami.app (where is multiple digits), and click Open.

Step 10 On the Upgrade page, click Install.

Step 11 After the file is installed, a message prompting you to restart the PIMG unit appears. Click Cancel.

Caution Do not restart the PIMG unit until you are instructed to do so later in this procedure, even if the file installation fails. Restarting the PIMG unit at this step may prevent the PIMG unit from functioning correctly.

Step 12 Repeat Step 6 through Step 11 for each of the following files:

•Ami_.fsh

•RunFskEcho.dsp

•iNim.ibt

•iNim.ilc

•iNim.iap

Step 13 On the Configure menu, click Upgrade.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Johnny,

The best way to upgrade the firmware is fromt GUI.

The process is pretty straight forward. The ami_v5.1su3 is the correct file. Upgrade instructions are included in the zip file.

Go to export to backup the config.ini

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Step 5 Click Log On.

Step 6 On the Configure menu, click Upgrade.

Step 7 On the Upgrade page, click Browse.

Step 8 In the Choose File dialog box, browse to the directory on the Windows workstation that has the extracted PIMG firmware update files.

Step 9 Click Ami.app (where is multiple digits), and click Open.

Step 10 On the Upgrade page, click Install.

Step 11 After the file is installed, a message prompting you to restart the PIMG unit appears. Click Cancel.

Caution Do not restart the PIMG unit until you are instructed to do so later in this procedure, even if the file installation fails. Restarting the PIMG unit at this step may prevent the PIMG unit from functioning correctly.

Step 12 Repeat Step 6 through Step 11 for each of the following files:

•Ami_.fsh

•RunFskEcho.dsp

•iNim.ibt

•iNim.ilc

•iNim.iap

Step 13 On the Configure menu, click Upgrade.

I want to get the PIMG to the latest code. It is currently running 5.1.139n from 8/11/2007. 5.1su3 is the target. When i dwnld and extract the files for the uprade they are:

ami_5.1.139N.fsh

ami_5.1.155.2N.app

iNim60.ibt

iNim190.ilc

iNim653.iap

run_910FskEcho.dsp

Is this correct? Obviously my concern is the extracted file ami_5.1.139N.fsh - this is the version we want to move from.