cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for help identifiying a timer that could force calls to drop

DougVogel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fairly complicated environment that has a mix of Cisco, Nortel, and a SIP Gateway provider (AudioCodes). I have a few instances where calls between the devices drop after about 16 minutes. The time is very consistent - depending on how I measure - it is between 15 min 45 sec and 16 minutes.

Only a select few devices (a 7936 Polycom and a call handler out of Unity Connection) experience the issue. Atleast this is all that has been reported thus far.

I can re-create the issue consistently. I am looking at the Cisco side because most other devices work over the same path.

Thanks for any suggestions you can lend.

3 Replies 3

Hi Doug,

It may be a problem with session re-INVITEs. I know that CCM (if you're using it) will send re-invites depending on configuration.

'SIP Session Expires Timer' service parameter may be worth looking at / experimenting with.

That being said, I would use 'debug ccsip messages' on the gateway to see who / where the disconnect is originated from and troubleshoot towards that direction.

Thanks for the reply.

I should have included the detail on the Cisco side. I have Call Managers, running v 6.1.2.

Where would I find the SIP Session Expires Timer?

Thanks very much for the help.

That's in system->service parameters, SIP section.

It won't solve the problem, but changing that timer may give you insight as to whether or not that is part of the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: