cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for help identifiying a timer that could force calls to drop

DougVogel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fairly complicated environment that has a mix of Cisco, Nortel, and a SIP Gateway provider (AudioCodes). I have a few instances where calls between the devices drop after about 16 minutes. The time is very consistent - depending on how I measure - it is between 15 min 45 sec and 16 minutes.

Only a select few devices (a 7936 Polycom and a call handler out of Unity Connection) experience the issue. Atleast this is all that has been reported thus far.

I can re-create the issue consistently. I am looking at the Cisco side because most other devices work over the same path.

Thanks for any suggestions you can lend.

3 Replies 3

Hi Doug,

It may be a problem with session re-INVITEs. I know that CCM (if you're using it) will send re-invites depending on configuration.

'SIP Session Expires Timer' service parameter may be worth looking at / experimenting with.

That being said, I would use 'debug ccsip messages' on the gateway to see who / where the disconnect is originated from and troubleshoot towards that direction.

Thanks for the reply.

I should have included the detail on the Cisco side. I have Call Managers, running v 6.1.2.

Where would I find the SIP Session Expires Timer?

Thanks very much for the help.

That's in system->service parameters, SIP section.

It won't solve the problem, but changing that timer may give you insight as to whether or not that is part of the problem.